Kidney Beans and Ham Casserole
2 (15-ounce) cans Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cups diced cooked ham
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup homemade or canned chicken broth
1 cup dry red wine (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash cayenne pepper
4 strips bacon (optional)
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter or margarine and cook the onion until soft. Do not brown. Stir in the ham, blending with the onion. Sprinkle in the flour, blending. Add the chicken broth and wine, stirring well. Add the salt and cayenne. Stir. Cook 10 minutes.
Add the Kidney Beans blending well. Place bean mixture in a casserole, top with the bacon strips, and cook in a preheated 350°F oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until completely heated and bacon is crisp.
Servings per recipe: 2 to 4
- MDARD Announces Projects Awarded #ValueAdded & Regional Food System #Grants t.co/7ieQjC0CFr Time ago 3 Days via Twitter
- Black Bean #Soup @panerabread for lunch today. I could tell the black #beans were grown in Michigan! A @PureMichigan lunch! Time ago 9 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Something new and #healthy! #Bean #Cereal t.co/DVF0aSdMLK Time ago 13 Days via Twitter
Follow @MichBeans on twitter.
Something different for breakfast or lunch or dinner!
OK, so it's not the most obvious choice of foods to combine, but the latest superfood brings the magical fruit to your morning cereal (here's hoping it doesn't taste like hummus). Love Grown Foo
Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos
- 2014 MICHIGAN BEAN FESTIVAL QUEEN packet Share ...
- 1312 Central America Trip Report Final Share it...
- 2013 Black Bean Color Retention Research Report...
- The nutrition panel on Justin Verlander’s...
- Share it now!Share it now!...
View Calendar Add Add