U.S. PER CAPITA USE
- Pinto bean is the highest with 2.67 pounds per capita.
- Navy bean is number two with .9 pounds per capita.
- Total for all beans is 6.36 pounds.
EXPORTS OF MICHIGAN DRY BEANS
- Mexico is Michigan’s largest export market, largely made up of but not limited to high quality, Michigan black beans.
- England, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal make up the bulk of Michigan’s dry bean exports.
- Michigan’s dry bean production is also exported to many other regions including Europe, Latin America, Central America, Caribbean, South America, Middle East and Asia.
- 1 cup of dry navy beans=3 cups cooked
- 1 pound (2 cups) dry navy beans=6 cups cooked
- 1 pound cooked beans will serve 6-8 people
- 1 serving of cooked beans=3/4 of 1 cup
- 2017 MBC Production Research Advisory Board Boo...
- 2017 MBC Production Research Advisory Board Var...
- A must try! http://bit.ly/2g3WEhs  ...
- Dry Bean Specialist_Announcement_2017...
6:00 pm Michigan Bean Commission Meeting @ Fritz's Family Restaurant
Michigan Bean Commission Meeting @ Fritz's Family Restaurant
May 16 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
9:30 am Michigan Bean Commission Meeting @ MSU Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center
Michigan Bean Commission Meeting @ MSU Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center
Jun 27 @ 9:30 am – 12:00 pm